cAn ANyOnE aCt????????

Something that can make or break a film, a director and her team can do EVERYTHING right, but if the acting sucks, the film probably will too, since editing can only go so far.


Chad Perkins, has a short film course,  where he details the importance of acting in filmmaking, i didn't purchase the  course, but in the overview, he mentions how Acting is one of the most misunderstood aspects of film, since "actors must be very in-tine to all the nuances of what they're feeling because those feelings are the tools of their craft." I need to be able to help my actors do this effectively, or no matter what my group and I do, the film won't live up to our vision. Of course this will be very hard, since i don't know any Hollywood actors, so that is one of the reasons why we decided to have almost no dialogue. We are planning on having a voiceover, of the guy reciting a poem he wrote to his lover, but before they meet, kind of like a flashback. 
We already found our guy, and I believe he will do great, if he doesn't we will change him for someone else. 

For the girl, we not only need an actress, but she has to be a dancer too (SOS), we decided to complicate ourselves, but hey if thats what it takes to make your our vision happen I'm all for it!
I have a few friends who are ballet dancers, i just have to see if they're good at acting too. If anything we will just take a walk to CBHS drama and ask around to see if anyone is interest, I'm sure someone would be down. 

We want the poem to be in Spanish, because of the aesthetic, and because our film will have a political undertone of immigrants and their lives in the states ( the girl) and tourists (the guy) .We're in the process of writing it  but here is a little snippet of what we have so far:

Me ahogo en tus infinidades

Corro en tus indecisiones
Me pierdo en tus aventuras
No me encuentro en tus locuras
Me encanto con tus maneras de confundirme
Estoy perdido en tu ignorarme
Eres mi debilidad
(I drown in your infinities
I run in your indecisions
I get lost in your adventures
I'm not in your follies
I loved your ways to confuse me
I'm lost in your ignoring me
You are my Weakness)
Take in mind that we are no poets, but I am consulting my AP Spanish Literature teacher to make it more authentic and good.
st!

No comments:

Post a Comment