Dancing with the moon and self portraits

BREATHE the air around you and you will feel calm they say, but the deadline is approaching and I'm kinda scared. 

I have started editing snippets here and there, but I'm still missing some major scenes that will hopefully get shot on Monday. 

Sophie shot the record player shots and they look so good! I'm so grateful for my peers and how helpful they've all been. I told her exactly what I wanted and she executed it perfectly obviously.





I was incredibly bored one late night and did lots of productive things!
So it all started in that I saw a picture of a hand holding the moon on we heart it.



 Anyway the point is I couldn't stop thinking bout how the coin would fit the moon perfectly in a specific angle, and how that could explain why she loves the coin so much. You see she could start playing or dancing with the moon with her hand, and realize she has no control of such astronomical things, so she compares it with the coin, and see that at least she can control the coin. And that could be somewhere in the film. I haven't exactly figured out where, but hey it is experimental, it doesn't have to make sense. 
Anyway, after going outside that night and realizing there were just a bunch of clouds, I tried to recreate the idea with my projector, which failed, BUT I started playing around and got some really cool self portraits! Which I think could find a place somewhere in the website: 



The next night I decided to call on all the gods that are prayed to, that the moon was pretty. Yes I know the pink moon happened, but I didn't know about it and missed the opportunity okay? okay. And my prayers were answered. The moon was there, pretty as ever, waiting for me to be able to fix the ISO so that it would look as good as it did in person. Hint: I didn't do it justice but I tried. The tripod setting was a bit tough and again with the focus thing. SO, I took my little handy dandy mirror out so that I could see my shot as I shot since, I don't have a remote for my camera :(. 

 no clue why it looks like that but hey, long exposure looks dope. 

After that I sorta got the shot I wanted. I mean I'm sure I can salvage something, but just the whole idea was so fun. Even if I suck at night shooting. Here's how it came out: 


st!



No comments:

Post a Comment