How do you see me ?

IT came to my mind that I haven't really talked about the other components of the project so let's get on that!

I decided to do the website on wix.com, because I've used it before and I think it would do the job just fine. I wanted to research my favorite coming of age and experimental films' websites, to kind of see the genres' style in this component, and the conventions they followed.

These were my favorite:

Ladybird

In Ladybird's website I noticed the interactive features, which I liked a lot, and give a feel of the movie, and the characters. It also plays videos of little snippets of the movie which I liked. The social media is also embedded which makes it easier for the interactions with the audience. 

I decided to create an instagram as well. You can find it @elcostodelaluna. Turns out if you open an account with no followers and post a lot you can get shadow banned for a while, so I wasn't able to keep posting. I deleted the account and tried again but after 12 posts they get deleted seconds after posting :/. Here's how the feed looks and would look like:






The Lobster


The lobster also had an interactive game that I though was super fun, but my favorite part was that it took you to the soundtrack playlist on apple music, so I made an 8track for my film, so I could include it in the website.

The Florida Project


What I loved about the Florida Project's website was the videos as backgrounds, which I decided I wanted to include in mine, at least for the title. 

So I ended up using the template of Wix named "It's a family affair". I felt like it fit my vibe perfectly, and the image was exactly what I wanted. So I started playing with it, and I'm excited to see the result.

Now for the postcard I wanted it to be abstract so I took inspiration from these films: 










I really liked the idea of a solid background and a dramatic object in the middle, with a cursive handwriting. I personally like when posters don't give out much about the stories and are very vague. I feel like they create intrigue and interest, and are very poetic. 
So I decided to use a solid color background and the coin mixed in with the moon, with my name and maybe a few awards? I went on pages and this is what I came up with:

I ended up putting the white box around the coin to symbolize the restraint and to make the coin stand out more. I really liked it a lot, and I find it funny that I literally made it on pages lol. 
Either way the one I had trouble with was the back. I wanted to include a fictional schedule to a film festival screening. I wanted to use a cool still for the background and not have it be too cluttered. This one i used canva, because it was easier to move things around. 
This is what I came up with:

I think it might be a little too vague, but I liked it a lot, and i think the bold colors are cool.

st!

No comments:

Post a Comment