Luces Camera Acción

DOES it all make sense now?



So today, I finally got to shoot the remaining parts of the film. But first, I should explain the different turn i've taken in regards of the subject matter. The merry go round was impossible to find, and I couldn't figure out how to do the scene without the kid. So I considered the fact that the coin had become an important part of the film, and my new found love for the shots with the moon, and I realized what's the ultimate circle symbolism? THE MOON. So I shifted everything and realized the moon could be my biggest theme. I decided that she could be wanting to 'dance with the moon', symbolizing her want of freedom, choice, and money, or the coin, could symbolize the system that was failing her, everything that was going wrong that she had no control over. So I named it 'The cost of the Moon'  or 'El Costo de la Luna'. Also I'm clearly obsessed with it and the universe like:
My friend standing as an equal to the moon

Me quite literally dancing with the moon

My most played song
Me holding the moon and feeling like I own the whole WORLD
My very first Tattoo


The last scene was the epitome of her frustration, of her letting go, so I decided to have a static shot of her riding at night, stopping and yelling at the moon, and closing with the wheel turning and stopping, or maybe a graphic match into the vinyl record turning and stopping.

So after all of this shift in directions, I needed a new song to fit the new theme. I struggled quite a bit, but after going through every possible corner of apple music, there was no way I was going to be able to reach my favorite artists in such short notice. Until.... my friend mentioned that his friend had a band, and I listened to their songs and there was one, that was just perfect! The song's name was 'Dreams' by the band Wendy Lane. So my friend asked him for me, and he gave me permission to use the song:


Whew! after all that it was finally time to shoot do here's the script of the parent scene: 

Filming with my parents was ..... a challenge, but we figured out a dynamic that made it easier. The sound wasn't working in my camera, even after I connected the mic, so I recorded from voice memos on my phone. The scene stayed the same as before, and i stuck to the storyboard. However, I did a scene in the kitchen that looked so nice! You will see. I was happy with the composition of the shots, but the lighting was kind of troubling. But in the end it turned out just fine. So I'm excited to see how it turns out. 
So turns out, when I wanted to record the last scene, the moon wasn't visible which was a bummer, but I figured I could just edit it in after, which might look a tad fake, but hey it's experimental right? Now that I'm done I'm so excited to start editing and see the final product!

st!


No comments:

Post a Comment