"Certain things words just cannot describe...they must be seen and experienced"

THE question we all encounter at some point. 
How do I get inspired? How do I come up with something that is worthwhile? 
It's funny how sometimes we come up with stuff randomly. Like today, I was seating watching a random movie with my parents and wrote all this in my notes:

GIRL in beach makes toy with things found at beach --> location jetties rocks
story about relationship with father and first scene is her alone, father is a drug addict but they have healthy relationship so  its extra complicated, he hides addiction pretty well and is a good father but has that bad side. Mom out the picture. Talk about how family relationships are more complicated that they seem. Research dont want to undermine addict stories, or portray an unrealistic idealized version of it. THAT beach scene tho i can picture it perfectly. Came to me watching love jacked with parents. A SCENE like the about time scene when he goes back to have a final day with his dad. --> love those beach scenes SO MUCH inspired by them. Ocean drive? no not family enough.

Other, girl looks out window every day and notices something. Dont know what yet. A little day to day thing.


American beauty bag scene--> umbrella Starbucks. Something about life being so infinite. Maybe a short film all about little moments. Abstract? could work. Would be hard tho. Worth developing?

I've compiled quite a collection of random surges like these, but most of the time they don't amount to anything, because most of the time they make no sense. I'm not the best at putting my thoughts into words. 
So to fight this artistic block I was having, I went with some friends to ARTECHOUSE in Miami. It is an exhibition that combines art, science, and technology. WOW. I got incredibly inspired. It amazes me the incredible art people are able to make. This exhibition consisted of Infinity rooms, and projections with mirrors, that were truly out of this world. The entire experience was so immersive. Not to mention it is close to Ocean Drive, so the architecture nearby is incredible. There is no better way to look for inspiration than going out there with a camera and just shooting. I'm pretty happy with the results here are some of my favorites. 






I remembered how amazing it can feel to just go and do what you love with no limitations. It felt so good!!!It definitely got the ball rolling on my head, and seeing all these talented artists' work was even more inspiring. Not to mention my upper mega talented friends that also shot some amazing photos and vids.  I greatly enjoyed getting out there, and it is the best way to start this project. I just need to get my ideas together now and write it down!!! But I will definitely update on how I stimulate my brain into coming up with something! I sometimes dream my ideas so we will indeed see. 
More pics of me in my element :)




No comments:

Post a Comment