It's shooting time!

TIME. something we yearn so much that can be rather useless in certain situations.
I finally got to shoot the friend scene, and let me tell you it was a challenge. Finding three people that were allowed out and could shoot with me was incredibly difficult. I also felt quite guilty asking. Like we're in the middle of a pandemic and I'm asking people to risk their lives and their families to help me make a school project, seems rather silly then. But thankfully, two friends were willing to help me out, since the risk was going to be minimal. I decided to act as the protagonist, for the accessibility factor. That way I literally only needed other people for this scene, and the parent scene, which I was planning on doing with my parents any way.
I decided to switch the hula hoop with a coin. I had it at home, and she could be fiddling with it while the friends talked. The scene was about highlighting the privilege of the friends in contrast with the issues the character was having. I wasn't able to check on site if I had everything because we were in a time constraint, and I also forgot my storyboard at home. For the equipment, thankfully my classmate Jonathan lend me his tripod, and I just used my Nikon with my 35mm lense.
We were supposed to shoot at Markham, but we realized it was closed... so we went to vista which was also closed... so we drove to Peace Mound but the table area was also closed ! so we shot at some stairs that we made sure to disinfect prior to shooting.
It felt wrong to shoot. I wasn't excited and I was worried the entire time that I was being selfish. I don't know it just didn't feel right. But I did it and we got the shots. Here are some of my favorites:








st!

No comments:

Post a Comment