Baby la vida es un CICLO

MAKE me the best screenwriter ever in an hour please.


I'm stuck. I have been trying to think of the perfect conflict or occurrence to give my film the right spine and direction to finalize the idea perfectly. The bike is going to stop at the end. It is all about her wanting to escape the cycle she is in, her circumstances but not being able to until it all stops at the end with the long and continuous shots of the bike wheel throughout.
I have visualized what I want the logo to be as of right now. It symbolizes the idea of escaping your circumstances, of not feeling trapped, of making things better. I'm actually getting it tattooed soon. This film is being really helpful and cathartic for me. I have shifted into being more personal, less convoluted with ideas, but more about me and the frustration I felt. That is why NOW I'm feeling extra frustrated I can't come up with anything. I want the scene to be the one that lets you know she wants to escape the cycle but can't.  It has to be the most powerful one. The one that tips the iceberg. It could be her seeing something mundane that triggers her. Maybe a news story. A candle. Something is broken and she can't fix it, or she can't make something stop. I thought about including in the scene with her friends the little sister of one of them using the hula hoop, and the protagonist not being able to concentrate because it doesn't stop.
Since I was so stuck I decided to ask my friends what cycles meant for them. This where their responses:
Other ones were socializing, and money. Even though most were not what I meant, such as Bad Bunny and The Lion King, it was refreshing to see other people's perspective on a topic. I think I'm a little closer to reaching my idea, I feel it, it's definitely there it just hasn't come to me. I will update when it does, which will be hopefully soon. I'm still working on the storyboard, will show soon. 
st!

No comments:

Post a Comment