Sad face emoji

THINK and a solution will come. 

I was supposed to shoot with my cousin this week. She was going to be the guidance counselor, and I had all the mise en scene and everything ready. However, it was announced that the peak of corona was going to be this week, and even though we had both quarantined and had seen each other a few days prior, for safety she decided it was best not to since she had traveled recently. Which makes total sense, and I probably should have thought about that. She is out of her own self-quarantine on Tuesday, but that was cutting it a little close in my opinion. So I had to come up with an alternative just in case and shoot it in case i didn't have time. 
So I couldn't think of anything, until I saw a trend on Tiktok where they shoot from a phone taped to the roof.... and I decided to try it out. 







It was clearly a fail since I have a bubble roof. So I decided to try it out with a tripod and..... it Worked!!






This is how the shot looked:

I decided to shoot a quick morning routine of Antigona (I named her!!! will explain meaning soon) getting ready and receiving an email from her guidance counselor Angie Smith while she got ready.
Here's what the email said: 


Hi Antigona, 
Hope you're having a blessed morning, 
Per your last email, I am sorry to tell you I can not place you in any advance classes. I simply don't think you're ready for that just yet, considering you just moved and English is not your first language. I understand that you however, are not in ESOL. Would you like me to place you there instead? Let me know. 

In the meantime, attached are some community colleges I think might interest you. With your current pending status you will be unable to receive any sorts of financial assistance from the schools that interested you :( . Please come see me as soon as you can so we can further discuss your limited options. 

Sincerely, 
Angie Smith
Guidance Counselor
Shaker Schools 

"Today is a good day to have a GREAT day"

After she reads the email she shuts the computer and says bye to her mother and goes on to the friend scene. 
The meaning of the name is "Rebel, contrary to her generation", and I thought it fit the personality of my character pretty well. It comes from a mythological story. 

I also decided to place the hula hoop in the window and maybe possibly use that picture for the postcard, which I'm still working on, or the title card.


I think this could work fine if my cousin can shoot the scene, but we'll see. 
Also! while shooting i discovered a new trick I'll be using quite a lot, to see if what I'm shooting is in focus:


st!

No comments:

Post a Comment